Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All Good Things Must Come to an End

It has taken me quite sometime to try and figure out how I am suppose to write this post. What do people want to know? What am I suppose to talk about? The truth is, I was hoping the longer I hold off this post, the more time I would have here. Time doesn't stop for anyone or anything, and in 6 days, I head to London to conclude my semester abroad. 

The famous poet, Geoffrey Chaucer, once said, “All good things must come to an end.” I have always taken that into consideration when I see the excitement of things start dwindling down. Unfortunately, I can truly say that I am not ready for things to come to an end. These last few weeks have contained studying for finals, visiting favorite places around the city, and worst of all saying goodbye. 

It is weird to think that in 6 days, I cannot call Via Francesco Cornaro 50 my home anymore. That in the short time Sapna, Kalki, Sarah, Michelle and I won't be able to see each other as frequently as we do now. That I will have to deal with time differences to keep connected with my friends from Europe. All these things seem so insignificant to most people, but to me, they're not.

This study abroad experience has been one for the books. I have been able to learn from talented professors, meet amazing people, and overcome many fears that once held me back. I got to do crazy things like scuba dive in Nice, experience Carnevale in Venice, hang out with my favorite band in Zurich, travel Europe with my boyfriend, and most importantly live in Rome. This is the age that we are suppose to live and do something crazy, and I feel that this experience made all of that possible.

My lovely friend Michelle had come across an article that really helped put this whole situation into retrospective, and I feel like if you would like understand a bit more, check it out!


I feel like this post is all over the place, but it represents how I am feeling at the moment. Now I have 6 days to say goodbye to the place that has helped shape the person I am now. Rome is where the heart is, and I definitely know that I will be back as soon as I can.  Now onto packing...