Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Nice Time to Check In

When moving to a new country, it definitely takes some getting use to. But under these circumstances, I think I have adjusted well. I finally can navigate around with knowledge of where I am actually going, and I know how to use the Tram/Bus systems! But then again, that's only in my area…Rome is HUGE! Classes have been going well, in fact, this weekend, I get to go to an international documentary film festival! Other than classes and crappy weather, I got a cold due to the constant changing weather and rain! :(

Aside from feeling off, my roommates and I have been booking all of our trips for the semester. We will be going to Zurich, Tuscany, Florence, Pompeii, Vesuvius, Sorrento, Capri , Assisi, Venice, Paris, Munich, Barcelona, and London! It's a bit of a blow for our bank accounts, but a $100 flight is always better than $1,000 dollar flight. My semester is booked, but I know that with all the excitement it will go by fast which is a scary thought.

Tonight, my roommates and I are going to take our friend Michelle to our favorite pizzeria in Trastevere! After, we decided it is finally time to check out the different bars, pubs, and gelaterias in the Trastevere area. I mean seriously, what is better than gelato for after dinner? NOTHING! Oh, and on an exciting note, my 21st birthday is Tuesday, so I am looking forward to that as well!

 It's a shorter blog this time because I feel like we haven't done as much because of the rainy weather. The locals say that it will clear up by the end of the month, so fingers crossed! And plus, once the trips start happening, I'll be sure to write more!