Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Little About Me

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Triestina (Trista) Casasanta. I am currently a Junior at Central Michigan University majoring in Broadcast and Cinematic Arts. I am also double minoring in Media Design, Production, and Technology & Advertising. For the Spring 2014 semester I will be studying at The American University of Rome in Rome, Italy. I leave in approximately 12 days, and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to take the opportunity to study abroad. As a Broadcasting student, I did not really have all the options that other majors had when picking a country to study in. I am Italian and thought it would be great to take the opportunity to get back there at some point! Another thing that helped me make my decision were the types of classes that The American University of Rome offers, such as filming documentaries in the city every Tuesday/Thursday!

As for other students, there is only one other studying at The American University of Rome. We are in the same major, so it worked out for the best! We have every class together and have a lot of similarities so I am happy to have someone from home there as well. We are flying to Rome and back home together, so I am very relieved to have someone to travel with.

This is unfortunately my first blog ever, so this should be an interesting project in it's self. I think being able to keep a blog will be beneficial to me as well as my family and friends. This will give them the opportunity to check up on what I've been doing without having to be on my phone and computer the whole time. I love taking pictures, so expect a ton! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I could not be more excited to start this journey!