Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage is such a commonly used term used for someone who is leaving. According to Merriam Webster's dictionary it is defined as: usually used to say that you hope someone who is leaving on a trip will have a good journey. In just two short days I will be on the flight to Rome. During the midst of my trip, I will be celebrating my 21st birthday! With that being considered a "milestone" age, my parents decided to throw me a going away/birthday party. Being with family is always such a great time, and being able to see everyone at once was definitely a help. Having everyone in a room shows me how lucky I am to have a 100 year old great grandpa, friends who drove all the way back from school, a cousin who is safely back from war, a mom who is so caring and involved in everything, and even a god-parent to share a birthday wish with! That's not even half of what I have! There's plenty to be thankful for, and this experience is definitely one of those things.

There are many things that I am looking forward to in my trip, but for now I just have to worry about trying to pack..