Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lost? AGAIN?

So I'm sure as you can tell, adjusting to a new country is not the easiest thing. Especially when you want to do EVERYTHING the first few days with jet lag. Well, I was fortunate enough because our school plans little events and day trips we can participate in so we do not have to go alone. The first weekend was mostly adjusting, which was nice because it got my neighbors and I a fun day down to Villa Corso, which is a very busy area leading to the Trevi Fountain. After seeing the Trevi Fountain, we got some Gelato and headed home, simplistic fun.

The next day was the free day trip to the Vatican. I thought that would be such an interesting day trip especially since the Pope was speaking. My friends and I woke up extra early to be sure we were at school in time to walk with everyone. We finally get there after waiting in line, and we all decided to start in the Vatican Museum. Me being into photography and all, I was taking pictures and walking around until I realized I lost my WHOLE group, roommates included. Now mind you, most of our phone situations are strictly wifi enabled only, so that was not an option. I frantically looked around and nothing; until finally I found a kid from our school. We looked together, but could not find anyone. So we decided to go see the Pope. Seeing the Pope was such an amazing experience. St. Peter's Square was jam packed with adoring fans. After we saw the Pope, the other kid decided he's going to go home (which is nice and all, but we lived nothing near close to each other). So I decided to go to our schools meeting spot about 2 hours early, because what else was I suppose to do?  After waiting for an hour, I found three others who were about to leave. We all walked home together, and that was that. Getting lost in Rome must be my specialty.

As scary as it was to have lost everyone, it really gave me some time to look out and really take in the beauty of the Vatican. I wouldn't have changed anything if I had to do it all over again!